TICKETS to Wire & Gas are now officially on sale, so get in quick for your VASA member-exclusive early bird discount!
Wire & Gas 2018 is Asia-Pacific’s premier event for those working in automotive thermal management and electrical who want to future-proof their knowledge and skills in ways that can be immediately and profitably applied.
VASA will be celebrating its 25th anniversary at this year’s Wire & Gas convention, which returns to the Marriott Surfers Paradise Resort & Spa in Queensland – the location where VASA was founded – on the weekend of August 3-5 2018.
At Wire & Gas 2018 you will be inspired by keynote speaker Anthony Kittel, the owner and managing director of multi-award-winning Australian manufacturing success story Redarc Electronics.
Anthony will then hand the microphone to Australasia’s leading automotive repair business mentor Rachael Sheldrick AKA Workshop Whisperer, who will turn your inspiration into actionable steps to turbo-charge your business or career.
VASA has also assembled a number of expert trainers and presenters who will share their vast experience on topics consistent with the event’s theme of “future-proof yourself with knowledge you can profit from today”.
Topics covered over the course of the weekend will include:
- Safely and profitably working on hybrid and electric vehicles
- Upping your diagnostics game for modern AC systems with variable compressors, critical charge weights and R1234yf
- Successfully modifying the popular Ford Ranger and other vehicles that use PCM without causing electrical dramas and fault codes
- Diagnosing diesel particulate filter and exhaust gas recirculation problems
- Making the switch to lucrative work on heavy commercial equipment powered by Cummins diesel engines
- Optimising your use of online customer reviews, business listings and third-party booking sites
- The cold chain’s major role in solving the global food waste crisis
- Safe storage, transport and working practices when using flammable refrigerants
The training and educational content of Wire & Gas will be spread across classroom seminars held at the Marriott and hands-on practical sessions at the expanded SuperCool facility in Ormeau.
Formal networking opportunities, for which Wire & Gas is famed, will take place at the Marriott and kick off on the evening of Friday August 3 with Happy Hour in the trade show area.
A relaxed start to Saturday follows, with the trade show area open from breakfast until morning tea, when it will be turned into a mini theatre for the keynote sessions by Anthony Kittel and Rachael Sheldrick to take place.
Following a break for lunch, the afternoon will be filled with four classroom sessions for attendees to rotate through, with afternoon tea served at the mid-way point.
That night will be the 25th Anniversary gala dinner with awards ceremony and live entertainment.
Sunday morning will start with transfers to SuperCool for the practical training.
Because there is no Monday public holiday following Wire & Gas this year (apart from in New South Wales), the training program at SuperCool will finish up mid-afternoon to ease your homeward travel connections.
If you have been to Wire & Gas before, you’ll know it is an action-packed weekend with plenty of learning to take away, along with a refreshed sense of connection with your industry and many new friends with whom to share support.
Those considering coming to Wire & Gas for the first time will both be made to feel most welcome and bowled over by the number of people who have been coming back for many years.
It really will be this year’s must-see event.